We know – you’re looking for a primary care provider who doesn’t just treat you like a number. You want a doctor who listens to you, doesn’t rush you through your visit, and answers all of your questions in a way that you can comprehend what they’re saying, and not just throwing around medical jargon.
In order to find this type of doctor for you, there are two main things you should do. Let’s talk about the best way to go about looking for the optimal primary care provider, and where you can go for world-class, personalized healthcare for the whole family.
Look for a Doctor Who Specializes in the Healthcare You Want
Start by considering your specific healthcare concerns and preferences:
- Do you have a chronic medical condition that requires special expertise?
- Do you prefer the privacy and personalization of seeing a single practitioner, or would you rather see a doctor who works as part of a large group practice?
- Do you prefer to see a female or a male doctor?
Once you have one or more options, consider their office hours and the location. All of these factors will be important in finding a doctor you trust, and who you will want to see whenever necessary.
Read About the Doctor’s Background
You need to find a doctor who understands your lifestyle and makes you feel comfortable, but you also need one who accepts your health insurance coverage. Here some tips for your search in finding a great doctor:
- Check with your health insurance carrier. You can save yourself a lot of time by first finding out which doctors are in your network. Your health insurance company’s provider directory can help you find a doctor who is located in a convenient location for you, and other important information about the doctor.
- Read online reviews and doctor bios. These can give you a sense of what other people think about the doctor, and about the doctor’s specialty and medical interests. The best primary care doctors are those who are perceived as good listeners, who genuinely care about their patients, and who make an effort to understand all the circumstances contributing to the patient’s overall health.
- Consider the doctor’s educational and clinical training background. Look for doctors who are board-certified in their area of practice. This demonstrates that they have the necessary healthcare training to address your specific primary care needs.
Personalized Healthcare in the Comfort of Your Own Home
If you’re looking for a doctor who cares about you, truly understands your needs, and even offers convenient telehealth visits, consider the premier medical services offered by Dr. Chuck Dugan at Dugan Family Medicine. Headquartered in the heart of Central Florida, our veteran-owned medical practice serves patients of virtually all ages across Florida, Arizona, and Kansas with comprehensive, compassionate medical care.
If you have any questions about us or our telehealth services, or to schedule an appointment, call us today at (407) 784-3290 or fill out our secure online appointment request form now. We look forward to being your personal healthcare provider!